ABOUT WALGREENS BOOTS ALLIANCE
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, and through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is one of the world's largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and well-being products. The company's size, scale and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
The company's portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
OUR VISION, PURPOSE & VALUES
WBA's purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a Participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business. Our businesses have received frequent accolades for their Corporate Social Responsibility efforts. Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
OUR GLOBAL REACH
- Employs more than 450,000* people
- Present in more than 25* countries
- Has more than 21,000* stores in 11* countries
- Has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 425* distribution centers delivering to more than 250,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries
* As of Aug. 31, 2020, including equity method investments.
**For 12 months ended Aug. 31, 2020, including equity method investments.