The content on this website has been prepared for the purpose of providing general information and reference material about Skills in Healthcare and the goods and services offered by Alliance Boots Management Services Limited ("the Company").
The Company has taken all reasonable care to ensure the information and facts contained on this website are accurate and up-to-date when first posted. However, the Company does not undertake to update or correct such information. The Company does not make any representation or warranty, express or implied as to the accuracy or completeness of any information (including information about goods and services) included on this website. The Company reserves the right to change, delete or move any of the material on this website at any time without notice.
The Company does not accept liability for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on this website or information it contains (save for damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company).
Certain hypertext links in this site will lead to websites which are not under the control of the Company. When you activate any of these you will leave this website and the Company has no control over and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of the material on any website which is not under the control of the Company.
The site is intended solely for pharmacists and healthcare professionals. The use of this website and its content by anyone other than pharmacists and healthcare professionals is prohibited without prior written permission of the Company.
Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this website including the design, text, graphics, photographs and content featured, are all intellectual property which are owned, controlled or licensed by the Company.The Company asserts all rights over its intellectual property.
The Company hereby authorises you to copy materials published by it on this website for non-commercial use only, provided any copy of these materials which you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices and any disclaimer contained thereon and on this website.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any patent or trademark of the Company or any third party. Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence or right under any copyright of the Company.
All brand names, products and service names and titles used on this website are trademarks and trade names of their respective owners, including the Company. The Company claims no ownership in, nor any affiliation with, any third-party trademarks appearing in this website. Such third-party trademarks are used only to identify the products and services of their respective owners, and no sponsorship or endorsement on the part of the Company should be inferred from the use of these marks.
Should any viewer of a document published on this website by the Company respond with information including feedback data such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of any such material, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and we shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. We shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such information.
The Company is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy forms part of the Terms and sets out the basis on which any personal data the Company collects from you, or that you provide to the Company, will be processed by the Company. Please read the following carefully to understand the Company's practices regarding your personal data and how the Company will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is the Company.
Information the Company may collect from you
The Company may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on this website. This includes information provided at the time of reporting a pharmacovigilance event on your own behalf or on behalf of a third party where you have their express written permission to do so;
- If you contact the Company, the Company may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to this website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, Company blogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
The Company may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers or other third parties. This is statistical data about the website's users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, the Company may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help the Company to improve this website and to deliver a better service. Some of the cookies the Company uses are essential for the site to operate.
Where the Company stores your personal data
All information you provide to the Company is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the Company will do our best to protect your personal data, the Company cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once the Company have received your information, the Company will apply the Company strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
The Company uses the information held about you in the following ways:
- To fulfil its obligations under the pharmacovigilance regime and comply with all laws and regulations (and associated notices and guidelines) with which it is necessary or desirable for the Company to comply with respect to pharmacovigilance in the European Union, including the EU Directive 2001/83/EC and Regulation (EC) No. 726/2004/EC, Volume 9A of the Rules Governing Medicinal Products in the European Union – Guidelines on Pharmacovigilance for Medicinal Products for Human Use;
- To provide you with information that you have requested from the Company in relation to the Company products or services, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Disclosure of your information
The Company may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
The Company may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If the Company is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply these Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The Company does not use your personal data for marketing purposes.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, affiliates and external third parties. If you follow a link to any of these the websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information the Company holds about you.
Alliance Boots Management Services Limited
Copyright and trade mark notices
All rights reserved
© The Boots Company PLC
Skills in Healthcare is a trade mark owned by Alliance Boots Management Services Limited.